Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ben 10 advertisment


I found this advertisement in Kmart, in the children's clothing section. This was placed on top of the Ben 10 clothing rack, its aim is to get both parents but mainly children to see the poster and want to go closer to look at it which then forces them to look at the Ben 10 clothes range.

I was attracted to look at it as my nephew is a big fan of this show, so I naturally wanted to know what it was.

This piece is loud and bold which suits its target market as the show is based around aliens.

The ray bands are transparent allowing you still to see the alien clearly but still see the effect of the watch. The design is very busy and is hard to quickly follow. The first things to catch the eye are the alien and the Ben 10 logo which then makes your eye try to follow the page around.

the Typography (Kmart has been taken over by aliens) has a white glow around it to make it clearer to read. The design in general is casual and spontaneous and is very loud.

I am not a very big fan of how the design looks, I don't like how they used the typography they used different type faces which didnt create unity within the design. Overall however I believe it would appeal to its target market in catching their attention to want to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment